Romantic Getaway Ideas
Getaway for Weekend Breaks, City Trips, Vacations and Romantic Escapes
A romantic destination can help to make memories. Here you will find romantic getaway ideas for escapes, weekend getaways & excursions to spots where the atmosphere is hushed and tranquil. There's really no need to search far and wide for a romantic getaway; visiting New York, Los Angeles or Chicago will give you the love-filled atmosphere you want at prices you can definitely afford!
Find Romance in the Big Apple with our Romantic Getaway Ideas!
There are simply some places, some kinds of adventures, that make us want to fall in love. On romantic weekend getaways in New York just taking in the sights can provide the right setting to wooe.
Perhaps you and your partner could experience the following:
A romantic horse-drawn carriage ride through Central Park - this is one of the most romantic things to do in New York, and is even more romantic at night!
• Ice skating together on the ice rink at Rockefeller Center - winter time in New York is even more romantic because of the opportunity to ice skate hand in hand.
• A live presentation of classical music at Lincoln Center - you could spend the early evening hours enjoying a presentation by the New York Philharmonic before taking your nighttime stroll.
The New York City Explorer Pass let's you choose up to 7 of New York’s top attractions for 1 low price. It's a good investment as it allows you to skip the ticket line at some of these top attractions, save on dining, Broadway Show tickets? AND includes a full-color pocket guidebook to help you plan your fun and romance around the city!
For more romantic getaway ideas see: New York romantic getaway. All about iconic and romantic things to do and our selection of New York romantic getaway packages, hotels and romantic restaurants that are warm and bewitchingly romantic. Dine, perhaps, by candle light with romantic ambiance and a piano playing in the background while watching a Manhattan sunset.
Romantic Getaway Ideas: Add a Little Fun to Romance in L.A.!
Although Los Angeles has a reputation for being a party city, it can also be perfect for couples on romantic weekend getaways. Here are some great romantic getaway ideas:
Taking a long walk along the beach in Malibu - you and your partner should make it a point of duty to head there just before sunset because you'll be in for one of the most amazing sunsets you'll ever see!
• Visiting Santa Monica Beach & Pier - this is definitely one of L.A.'s more romantic spots. Cozy cafes and restaurants make for great, romantic hideouts. And nothing is quite as romantic as riding the Ferris wheel together at the seaside!
• Taking gondola rides through Naples canals - from Long Beach, both of you can board an authentic Italian gondola and cruise through the canals of Naples. Take along a bottle of wine and a blanket for the ultimate romantic experience!
Romantic Getaway Ideas: Love is in the Air in the Windy City!
Chicago is also known as the Windy City, and there's no doubt that love blows through the air there! There are so many activities you can do as a couple that will spark the romance and keep that spark alive. Take a look at a few:
• An evening at the Petrillo Music Shell - right in the heart of Grant Park in Chicago is this amphitheater that hosts some of the most entertaining musical presentations you'll see in the city. Take along a picnic basket and a blanket, and enjoy the music in each other's arms.
• Ice skating at McCormick Tribune Ice Rink in Millennium Park - just like in New York, ice skating hand in hand is a very romantic activity during the frigid wintertime in Chicago!
• Drinks at The Signature Lounge - high up on the 96th floor of John Hancock Center, you can enjoy a drink, each other's company, and stunning views of the Lake Michigan Shore! This is even more romantic at sunset.
For more romantic getaway ideas, romantic hotels in Chicago, romantic Chicago venues and Chicago's romantic things to do see: Chicago Romantic Getaway
If you are planning to see and do more then Go Chicago Card is a good investment.
Go Chicago Card: 30 Chicago Attractions, Activities, Tours, Museums, Cruises, Sights and More for 1 Low Price!
PLUS! Savings and Special Offers on shopping, dining and more around the city
- Get unlimited admissions including Adler Planetarium, Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Museum of Science and Industry, The Art Institute of Chicago, Hancock Observatory, Sears Tower, a selection of Gray Line Tours, Navy Pier attractions and much more!
- Save up to 20% on shopping
- Save up to 20% dining
- Get a 100 page full-color pocket guidebook to help you plan your fun!
Other romantic destinations for a romantic weekend getaway for two include Washington DC romantic getaway
, our one of our favorites: San Francisco romantic getaway
As you can see, there's absolutely no reason to travel to the other side of the globe for romantic weekend getaways. Everything you need for romance is right in the United States - including the love!
For more romantic weekend getaway, honeymoon, babymoon, anniversary, valentines day inspiration check out:
Romantic Getaway Ideas In the Midwest
Romantic Getaway Ideas in the Midwest
Michigan romantic getaways: cherry tarts, famous creamy fudge, tulips and Antiques Markets.
Romantic getaway Illinois and Chicago romantic getaway : beautiful B&B accommodations that set the tone, horse drawn carriage rides, ancient forests ablaze in reds, oranges and yellows and afternoon wine tasting in a vineyard.
Indianapolis romantic getaway: offers a whole spectrum of romantic things to do for couples.
Minneapolis romantic getaway: A romantic escape or honeymoon in the twin Cities of Minneapolis-Saint Paul.
Ohio romantic getaways: quaint towns and villages are ideal for romantic weekend getaways for two.
Romantic getaways Wisconsin: thousands of inland lakes and waterways and enchanting waterfalls and lighthouses.
Romantic Getaway Ideas On the East Coast
Washington DC romantic getaway: cheery trees blossom in spring (March - April) and the fall is great to enjoy popular fall foliage.
New York romantic getaway: bewitchingly romantic in any season.
Romantic Getaway Ideas In California & the West
Big Bear romantic getaway: Plenty of cozy and romantic cabins with fireplaces and Jacuzzis, two first-rate ski resorts, winter tours in the backcountry, romantic restaurants and an alpine village with boutique shops
Big Sur romantic getaway: best of central coast destinations and recently named "Most Romantic Hideaway"
San Juan Island Getaway : naturally exotic and a bit mysterious for the simple fact that it is an island, an out of the way place one has to travel to with intent.
And if you still don't see what you are looking for, search the rest of our website and there is a good chance you find it.
Check out more romantic vacation ideas: train vacations, cruise ship vacations, picnic ideas.
Romantic Getaway Ideas Worldwide
Bahamas Romantic Getaways: New Providence is home to Nassau--the nation's capital exudes a special charm lent by a blend of Old World architecture and contemporary vitality
Amsterdam Weekend Getaways: Top 10 Romantic Ideas and Things to do in Amsterdam
Australia Romantic Getaways : Adelaide Australia – Unique Honeymoon or Romantic Vacation with a Difference
Romantic Getaways in Sydney: The Perfect Place for a Romantic Getaway, Vacation or Honeymoon in Australia
Romantic getaway in New Zealand : Our guide to a romantic getaway in New Zealand, spectacular scenery, top things to do North and South Islands, spa getaways and romantic restaurants.
Return from Romantic Getaway Ideas to Romantic Vacations and Destinations