Romantic Greece Vacation & Destinations
Thousands of visitors go on Greece vacation each year whether they just want to be on a romantic vacation or they are celebrating a honeymoon, wedding or an anniversary. There is just so much about Greek destinations that appeals to couples in love that make it the perfect place for a Greece honeymoon.
Vacation in Greece on a budget - Are you and your partner looking for romance on a budget? Well, if Europe on your mind, Greek destinations should definitely be the first word from your mouth because you can actually get a romantic vacation in the Greek Islands on a limited budget. And what is even greater about it is that you will not have to sacrifice any of the romantic sites and activities that are available in Greece.
Romantic Greek destinations
No matter where you go on your vacation or honeymoon in Greece, you will find that it is very easy for the feelings of love and romance to pour out of you. While most of the islands exude this kind of romantic atmosphere, there are four major islands our areas in Greece that really ramp up the feeling of romance. Take a look:
• Crete is one of those most memorable Greek destinations that couples love. The beaches are just marvelous, the villages and towns are warm and inviting, and the history is rich and captivating. Couples who are there on a Greece honeymoon or romantic getaway escapade can enjoy each other's company while learning a lot about the history of Greek destinations and taking n some of the finest sun and sand in the world.
• And speaking of sun and Greece vacation, Santorini is perhaps one of the places in the world that has officially the most beautiful sunset you will ever see. It is overall just one of the most stunningly beautiful Greek destinations you will ever come across and the mere beauty of it is what invokes the kind of love and romance that couples look forward to on a Greece honeymoon or romantic getway. The main highlight in Santorini, apart from the sunset, is the beaches with the black volcanic sand. In particular, Perissa Beach and Kamari Beach are two of the favorites for couples. And while in Santorini, both of you should take the opportunity to swim in the volcanic hot springs in the area. These are easily accessible by boat.
• Mykonos is what is referred to as the “party capital” of the Greek Islands. While it is not the most tranquil of the popular Greek destinations, it is happy to be considered one of the liveliest! Streets are lined with restaurants and bars, and cruise ships dock in large numbers during the high season. So it’s a perfect hop on point for island hopping. We went in late May or June and it was not crowded at all. We loved the entertainment especially the Piano Bar and the food was delicious everywhere but we kept going back to Nikos. We hear that this place gets really full, especially during the summer months.
• The sacred Island of Delos is a daytrip from Mykonos. Don’t plan to spend the night – it’s illegal.
• For those couples who want to have quiet Greece vacation together, Chania is the perfect Greek destination to visit. It is a very charming area with a wide range of options for accommodation and dining. There is true Greek character found in this area and it will definitely contribute to you having a memorable Greece honeymoon or romantic vacation.Top Notch Resorts in a Top Notch Destination
If the small town life is not really for you, you will be happy to know that there are several romantic resorts and hotels on Greece vacations that couples can enjoy. Your choice really depends on where you want to stay because each of the hotels available is up to par in terms of standards that you would want. Here are some of the most popular ones:
Just when should you go to the Greek Islands?
- The Ixian Grand Ixia, Rhodes, Greece Vacation
- Elounda Gulf Villas & Suites Elounda, Crete, Greece Vacation
- Ostraco Suites, Mykonos, Greece Vacation
- Out of the Blue, Capsis Elite Resort Heraklion, Crete, Greece Vacation
A Greece vacation not only has the most awesome sunset but it also has the most intense summer heat! This is perhaps why it gets so crowded, especially during the summer months. You might need to make a note of this so you can schedule your visit during the spring or autumn months of the year. That way, you get more time to spend alone in tranquility and serenity with your partner. Wintertime is also a no-go because most hotels and restaurants close their doors during these months in preparation for the upcoming spring season.
A Greece vacation is just as appealing to sunbathers as it is to people who want a Greece honeymoon or romantic getaway that is filled with lots of activities and experiences for them to remember for a lifetime. Wherever you choose to stay or the Greek destinations you’ll visit, you are bound to make memories that will fill your albums and thoughts for a very long time to come.
Have A Great Story You Want to Share?
Do you have a great story about a romantic getaway, unusual honeymoon or destination wedding in this travel destination? Share it, write a travel article about your romantic travel destination!
Return from Romantic Greece Vacation & Destinations to Romantic Vacations and Destinations