Gibraltar Tourism and Elope Weddings
Gibraltar Tourism Board promotes the location as a venue for destination weddings and since Gibraltar is an overseas territory of the United Kingdom the people are British Citizens and everything is in English.
It’s the perfect alternative to getting married in Spain where marriage requirements are more elaborate. Simple marriage requirements and efficiency of the Marriage Registry make Gibraltar the best European destination to elope. Furthermore a honeymoon in Spain is within walking distance.
So are there places like Las Vegas in Europe?
Yes, many couples travel to Gibraltar to exchange vows, choosing to follow in the footsteps of Sir Sean Connery, John Lennon and Yoko Ono and get married on the Rock.
You will need: To get married in any country in Europe you will need the basic documents listed below:
If divorced, original final divorce papers
If widowed, death certificate of your former spouse
If name changed, legal proof of the change
Bride and groom must not be related by blood, marriage or adoption
Residency requirement: 24 hours
Reasons that Gibraltar is the best European destination to elope :
• The weather in Gibraltar - Mediterranean climate is great for weddings, romantic getaways and honeymoons.
• Romantic and unique settings at the southernmost tip of the Iberian Peninsula, where Europe meets Africa
• Excellent range of wedding services providers in Gibraltar -- from hotels and restaurants to florists.
• Honeymoon next door in Spain or Morocco.
Apart from the traditional Registry or Church wedding, recent legislation permits the marriage registrar to marry couples outside the registry office. Wedding services are permitted:
• On Top of the Gibraltar Rock
• Gibraltar’s three best hotels - The Rock, Caleta and O'Callaghan Eliott Hotels have been authorized to hold marriages on their grounds.
• The Mount, with splendid gardens.
• Garrison Library
• The Dell at the Alameda Gardens – an Italian style garden designed in 1842. Two fountains dating from the early 20th century and a waterfall and pond form part of the stunning scenery. Botanical Gardens which house open-air theater are great for wedding photography.
For more information on getting married in Gibraltar contact:
CIVIL STATUS & REGISTRATION OFFICE
Joshua Hassan House
For information on Gibraltar wedding venues, churches, synagogues, temples, florists, wedding cake confectioners, venues for receptions, photographers, special car transport, wedding specialists and accessories, wedding planners,
wedding gowns and suits contact The Gibraltar Tourism Board to obtain a copy of the the official Gibraltar Marriage Registry booklet.
Gibraltar Tourism Board
Tel: 00 350 200 45000.
Gibraltar Tourism: Romantic Things to do on a Gibraltar Honeymoon or Romantic Getaway
Go up the Mediterranean Steps which start at Jew's Gate bird observatory and wind up the East side to the top of the rock. The panoramic view is view is worth the climb.
Take the high speed ferry to Tangier. A 45-60 minute trip across the straits of Gibraltar then hire a car to take the drive to Tangier in Morocco.
The Bay of Gibraltar - Visit the bays and coves to see amazing displays of dolphins and whales in their natural habitat. Tours can be arranged to take you to the best locations.
A cable car ride takes you to the very top of the Rock for spectacular views of not only Gibraltar but the North of Spain and South Africa.
Many hours can be spent in the Alemeda is a Botanical Garden and its canopy of Mediterranean and Atlantic Island trees with flowers and plants from all over the world. With its array of fountains, ponds and waterfalls the gardens have an Italian influence and the large collection of cacti and other juicy plants thrive in Gibraltar’s warm climate.
Highly recommend the Rock tour, including the apes, and a dolphin safari in the bay of Gibraltar.
Information on Gibraltar tourism
The rock contains 143 caves, over 48km (30 miles) of road and miles of tunnels.
The VAT-free shopping experience make Main Street boutiques a popular stop.
Gibraltar is less than 7 square kilometres, so most of it can be seen on foot.
|Rock Hotel, Gibraltar,|
Colonial style decor with spectacular views over the straits of Gibraltar. With views of Spain and the Rif Mountains in Morocco. All rooms have seaview...
The Eliott hotel gibraltar
| Gibraltar Tourism: Romantic restaurant Gibraltar|
Queensway Quay is home to The Waterfront, which serves a good quality, eclectic menu which ranges from steak to high quality local fish and Indian food. Casa Pepe's, on the other side of the marina is probably Gibraltar's best restaurant.
Gibraltar tourism guide - Rock touring, sailing, diving, bird and dolphin watching and other Gibraltar attractions.
• Europa Point - where the Atlantic meets the Mediterranean, and from which the coast of Africa can be seen
• Upper Rock - The upper parts of the sloping 1,400ft-high (426m) rock have been made into a nature reserve to protect the Rock's natural environment and Gibraltar's most famous residents, the Barbary Gibraltar Apes.
• There are over 150 caves inside Gibraltar’s Rock in which numerous fossil remains have been found. The most famous cave is St. Michael’ Cave which is a dramatic natural grotto rich with stalagmites and stalactites. The cave’s natural auditorium is used for concerts and theatre performances. St Michael's Cave also has an enchanting underground lake.
Gibraltar Beaches & Gibraltar pictures
Almost totally surrounded by sea, Gibraltar has six public beaches. The ones on the east side are the more sandy and the west side beaches are typically rocky. On the East side of the rock there is Eastern Beach, Catalan Bay and Sandy Bay, then on the West side there is Western Beach, Camp Bay, and Little Bay.
Travel Gibraltar - It's only 2 and a half hours from England.
Gibraltar airport has daily scheduled flights to and from London-Gatwick (LGW) (British Airways and EasyJet) and London-Luton (LN) (Monarch Airlines) in the UK.
Cruise ships often include Gibraltar as part of their itinerary.
Return to most romantic places to elope around the world or Check out best destination weddings in Europe or Romantic US Destination Weddings
Return from Gibraltar tourism and elopments to Romantic Vacations and destinations Home Page