Destination Wedding Planning
Below you will find our destination wedding planning questionnaire
Destination wedding planning can be done in a matter of weeks, sometimes even days.
While planning a traditional wedding is widely acknowledged to be stress inducing, hassle bound and time consuming. planning a destination wedding can be as simple or extravagant as you like
Destination wedding dresses are as much fun to choose as the destination it self. One of the most decisions you will make when destination wedding planning is selecting the perfect dress. But, making a decision about which kind of gown to wear to dazzle your man might depend somewhat on where your wedding will take place -- in a church, on a mountain top, by the ocean or on an exotic island.
For more advice on choosing the perfect Destination Wedding Dress
You can mail the destination wedding dress your self ahead of time OR one of the most effective ways to transport destination wedding dresses is to have the shop deliver it directly to your destination wedding location.
Many resorts host weddings and can take care of all your destination wedding planning, from getting the paperwork done (coordinating the marriage license and any residency requirements) to booking the officiant, the photographer, the cake, and the champagne.
If you want to keep stress and hustle to a minimum all you have to do is pick a hotel wedding package, and then you can simply kick back and enjoy getting married, without stressing over napkin rings. Also, since not everyone will be able to make it, there will be less family drama.
When you purchase wedding packages at resorts or through wedding planners, they will take care of most of the arrangements and will trouble you as much or as little as you want.
If you do want to be more involved and hands on with Destination wedding planning of the details here is starter list of questions to ask your wedding coordinator.
Destination wedding planning questionnaire
• What services does the wedding planner provide? Is there a fee?
• How much time would we need to reserve our wedding in advance?
Staging a Destination Wedding
• What private indoor and outdoor areas of the resort are available for a wedding? Are indoor spaces air-conditioned?
• How many people can each area accommodate?
• Can you email me a layout and images of these places?
• Do you have an online photo gallery or can you email me pictures of other destination weddings that have taken place at your property?
• What do you offer in terms of decorations?
• What time of day do most destination weddings occur?
• Will there be other weddings taking place at the same time as ours?
• If we want our wedding on the beach, what is the set-up?
Calculating the Cost of your Destination Wedding
• What is the cost of a destination wedding at your resort?
• Do you offer a pre-set destination wedding package, or can we choose the elements individually?
• Can you email me a price list? Do you expect the prices to change by the date of our wedding?
• If we want to bring family members and friends, do you offer a discount on the price of rooms?
• How many guests are permitted at your standard destination wedding? What do you charge if we exceed this number?
• Do you require a down-payment? How much? When is the balance due?
• What is your cancellation policy?
More information on How much does a destination wedding cost ?
Destination wedding planning Details
• Who performs the ceremony at destination weddings at your resort?
• What if we want a ceremony that honors a particular religion; can someone of that faith be provided?
• What do brides and grooms typically wear at your resort for a destination wedding?
• Will someone be available to iron my wedding dress?
• What do you do if we schedule a ceremony and reception outdoors --and it rains?
• What types of flowers are available locally? Is there a florist onsite?
• Is live music available?
• Can we supply our own music on CD?
• Can you email me suggested menus for the reception?
• What can you supply in terms of a wedding cake?
• Do you provide photography/videography services? What is the cost and what do we get for that amount?
For the Family Members and Guests who can’t attend your Destination Wedding
• Can you make a webcam available during the ceremony?
• How long will it take to get our photos back, and can they be quickly posted to an online photo album?
• What type of Internet access is available at your property?
More Destination Wedding Questions to Ask
• Do you have a dedicated honeymoon suite? Can you show me what it looks like inside?
• Is there a private terrace or outdoor area where we can hold a rehearsal dinner?
• Can you arrange a special tour or activity for our guests?
More wedding planning resources...
A wedding in your future, or helping plan a wedding? There is a wealth of information about planning the perfect wedding, for brides, grooms, and helpers, right here at Wedding Rings Dresses Etc
Check out our best destination weddings for more destination wedding ideas.
Return from destination wedding planning to Romantic Vacations and Destinations home