Romantic Costa Rica wedding destination
Romantic locations to elope: Secluded beaches, rainforest plus wedding packages and marriage license requirements
Costa Rica wedding destination is a top tropical and exotic destination wedding location. Destination wedding locations on the beach or overlooking the blue waters of the Pacific or the Caribbean provide unique wedding ideas and make Costa Rica a top wedding destination.
Costa Rica wedding destination -- marriage requirements
Costa Rica wedding tradition follows the guidelines of the Catholic Church, and you can arrange to have a destination wedding catholic way.
All non-residents of Costa Rica must arrange a civil service for the marriage to be legal, and generally you should submit your relevant information 10 days or more in advance.
Costa Rica wedding destination customs require non-residents to bring valid passports, though you will not need a birth certificate or a visa.
A sworn statement will be issued following the ceremony that will verify your date of birth and residence. Costa Rica wedding customs also require that at least two people bear witness to the ceremony. These people can not be close relatives, and generally, friends are the best candidates.
Documents and Information you will need
• Full name of both bride and groom (no initials if you are sending this in advance - must be full name)
• Passport numbers and nationality - be sure the passport is signed by the bearer (faxed copies of key pages will suffice prior to your arrival - this is used in the preparation of the legal documents).
• Place of birth
• Date of Birth
• Foreign address
• Occupation/Profession (both Bride and Groom)
• Fathers full name and nationality
• Mothers full name and nationality
• Parents address
• Two witnesses - their passport will be required.
• Street address where the finalized documents may be sent by courier to you in your home country (include a phone number just in case the courier has trouble delivering the package).
Don't discount the possibility of having destination wedding Costa Rica managed by one of the top Costa Rica hotels. Both inland and along the coasts, Costa Rica resorts and hotels offer destination wedding packages and many have on staff experienced wedding planners who can do an excellent job of getting all the legal and ceremonial arrangements finalized to your satisfaction. If you do decide to go with a resort or hotel wedding package, they will most likely handle all the legal requirements for your ceremony.
Find out more about destination wedding planning and compare and Destination Wedding Cost
From beach destination weddings to elopements in the tropical rainforest under a natural waterfall - most destination wedding locations that you will likely consider for weddings in Costa Rica provide you with the basics, allowing you to add your own touches as well.
Costa Rica wedding destination: Peace Lodge and La Paz Waterfall Gardens - Travel Channel’s “Honeymoon Hotspots International”
Charge for weddings on their property whether you use their services or another Wedding Company. The ceremonies are performed either near one of Magnificent Waterfalls, in the Butterfly Observatory or in Colibries Restaurant.
They do not offer all inclusive packages but can help coordinating all of the details and and their Wedding Coordinator can answer all of your questions regarding Costa Rica: travel destinations, transportation, what to pack, marriage license, photographer, flowers .... Before arriving in Costa Rica, all of your wedding details will be confirmed including menu choices for weddings, romance packages, tours and additional services.
Upon your arrival you will meet with your Wedding Coordinator to go over all details of your special day. The Coordinator will be with you the day of your wedding to make sure all of your needs will be taken care of.
Choose to have your Costa Rica wedding destination at one of the all inclusive destination wedding resorts for a honeymoon destination wedding.
Costa Rica wedding destination: Tangomar
Destination wedding location: a 150-acre private beachfront reserve along the Nicoya Peninsula, just minutes from the Tambor airstrip.
Tango Mar offers the intimate exclusivity of a boutique resort, with only 18 oceanfront rooms, 17 Jacuzzi suites and 4 private villas – all this on two secluded beaches and the backdrop of the Pacific Ocean.
Tango Mar Destination Wedding Packages
• 4 Nights stay in a Tropical Suite or Tiki Suite (Jacuzzi in both rooms)
• Daily breakfast (5 different options)
• 1 Romantic dinner with candlelight and wine in front of the beach
• Complimentary fruit basket & tropical flowers in room upon arrival
• Welcome cocktail
• Wedding Cake and a bottle of "Moet & Chandon" Champagne
• Ceremony procedures, including an English-speaking lawyer and legal expenses
• Tropical decoration for the ceremony
• Bouquet of tropical flowers
• Bridal spa package
• Horseback riding on the beach
• Private honeymoon sunset boat tour
• Complimentary use of the tennis courts
Costa Rica wedding destination: Hotel Si Como No
Destination wedding location: Quepos
T: +50 6777-0777. 60 rooms.
This romantic hotel was featured in Modern Bride Magazine as the perfect place to have your destination wedding amidst the luxuriant growth of the rain forest, breathtaking sunsets, and the nearby tropical beaches. Every room has a jungle or ocean views.
Destination Wedding Package includes:
• Three (3) nights accommodation in a "Deluxe Suite"
• Welcome Cocktail and a bottle of sparkling wine.
• Full Complimentary Breakfast.
• Hair stylist and professional tropical flower arrangements.
• All legal expenses, wedding ceremony & documentation filling with the U.S. Embassy.
• Live acoustic music during the wedding ceremony.
• Candlelight dinner for two at Claro Que Si! Restaurant.
• Tropical wedding cake from their bakery.
• One champagne-tropical breakfast in your suite for two.
• Special couple massage at Serenity Spa.
• Tour to the Butterfly Botanical Gardens.
• Private movie screening in our THX Theater.
Deluxe Wedding Package includes the same elements as the Destination Wedding Package but in addition also offers:
• Exotic flowers in your suite.
• Private tour for two to Manuel Antonio National Park.
• Free optional tour from selected list.
Special Honeymoon Package:
• Welcome Cocktail and a bottle of premium sparkling wine
• Five nights accommodations in the "Honeymoon Suite" with deluxe amenities, Jacuzzi, large balcony, ...
• Full buffet Breakfast every day
• Breakfast in bed (morning of your choice)
• Exotic tropical flowers in your Honeymoon Suite
• Special five course dinner with sparkling wine for two at the Claro Que Si - Seafood Restaurant (night of your choice)
• Tour to the Butterfly Botanical Gardens (day of your choice)
• Special couple massage at Serenity Spa
Costa Rica wedding destination: Villa Lapas
The romantic, luxurious Honeymoon Package includes:
• 3 days / 2 nights stay.
• Welcome cocktail drink and wine bottle.
• Fresh-cut flowers in your room every day.
• Daily fresh fruit basket (native area fruits).
• All breakfasts served in bed.
• Romantic dinners featuring special courses.
• All SkyWay / Canopy Tours.
Have an exotic tropical wedding in a unique and romantic setting — complete with church, a small, quaint town and facilities for all your guests. Specially trained staff will take care of all logistics, decorations, music, meals and paperwork to make your wedding planning as stress-free as possible.
Costa Rica wedding destination: The Marriott Los Sueños Resort – Playa Herradura, Costa Rica
Acknowledged by Travel & Leisure Magazine as one of the world's best resorts, the Marriott Los Sueños is perfect for an oceanfront wedding ceremony. They have staff certified wedding planners that can help plan a small intimate wedding or a large event. Lots of indoor and outdoor spaces to take advantage of views and beautiful weather.
Costa Rica wedding destination: La Mariposa Hotel – Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Set on Manuel Antonio, one of Costa Rica's most beautiful beaches, La Mariposa Hotel's lush grounds accommodate everything from large destination weddings to intimate elopements.
Here is a sample of a typical Elopement Package.
Arrive at the San Jose airport and take a domestic flight or land transfer to Quepos. From there you will be transferred to Hotel La Mariposa. Check in to your honeymoon suite, where a bottle of wine awaits. Watch the sun set magnificently over the Pacific Ocean from your room or the Sunset Bar.
Wake up and enjoy your daily breakfast (included in price). Later in the day the bride and groom to be receive massage treatments to help relax prior to the big day. The bride then hits the salon for a manicure and pedicure.
Wedding day at La Mariposa! The bride gets her hair and makeup done for the day of the event. The ceremony will take place at Hotel La Mariposa. Services include: lawyer, flowers, photographer and romantic dinner.
Costa Rica wedding destination: The Paradisus Playa Conchal Resort - Guanacaste, Costa Rica
The Paradisus Playa Conchal Resort's meandering pathways, lagoon-like swimming pools, and forested landscape sprawled over a massive 2,600 acres are the epitome of Costa Rican paradise The resort is just fifteen minutes from the Tamarindo airport in Guanacaste.
Costa Rica wedding destination: Cala Luna Hotel & Villas – Tamarindo Beach, Costa Rica (Northern Guanacaste Province)
Cala Luna Boutique Hotel specializes in fairy tale like weddings with romantic, exclusive, exotic and refined ambiance. Stroll through a jungle garden to a intimate strip of Tamarindo Beach.
They have staff to help you plan the wedding, including the legal issues involved.
The costs is $ 800 and includes all legal work and the actual ceremony. The reception dinner can cost from $35 and up per person, depending on the selected menu.
Costa Rica wedding destination: Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica – Peninsula Papagayo, Costa Rica
The luxury Four Seasons Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo orchestrates Costa Rica exquisite weddings that are top-shelf in every respect, from expert wedding coordinators to backdrops for unforgettable wedding photos.
Four Seasons eases the worry of wedding planning, with specially conceived Destination Wedding Packages
Reflejo del Mar is the basic wedding package and includes:
• Romantic ceremony location
• Services of a personal wedding coordinator
• Ceremony officiant
• Bride's traditional bouquet
• Groom's boutonniere
• Basic ceremony set-up
• Scattering of flower petals in the aisle
Brisas del Pacifico - The same as the basic package plus:
• Wedding ceremony aboard Dgembe Catamaran
• Decorative floral arch
Mi Gran Amor elopement - This elopement package all the same as the basic package plus:
• Champagne for two
• Scattering of rose petals in the bridal suite
One of the most decisions you will make when destination wedding planning is selecting the perfect dress. But, making a decision about which kind of gown to wear to dazzle your man might depend somewhat on the type of wedding you are planning -- in a chapel wedding, beach wedding or rain forest wedding.
For more advice on choosing the perfect Destination Wedding Dress
You can also mail the destination wedding dress your self ahead of time OR one of the most effective ways to transport destination wedding dresses is to have the shop deliver it directly to your destination wedding location.
More Costa Rica wedding destination related resources and hotels with Beach Weddings:
http://www.florblanca.com - for a destination wedding or a honeymoon choose from a number of romantic activities, private candle light dining by the sea, a couples' massage or horseback riding for two.
Check out Costa Rica Honeymoon for more unique wedding ideas, and luxury boutique hotels. In addition to their honeymoon packages most also accommodate beach destination weddings and/or destination wedding tropical locations. Costa Rica is ranked as one of the world's top 10 honeymoon spots matching everyone's idea of paradise.
Costa Rica vacations supply a most beautiful natural backdrop for weddings, but it also boasts beautiful year round weather and plenty of options for things to do. Adventurous couples can add fun tours that might have them walking through a jungle canopy, or kayaking in the ocean.
Island Weddings, exotic and unique locations & marriage requirements ...There are many wondrous places in the world with romantic places to elope - from the Caribbean, Mexico, and Hawaii - to Castles in Europe, or half-way around the world to Fiji, Australia or New Zealand.
Check out other Caribbean Vacations
or return from
Costa Rica wedding destination to Romantic Vacations Destinations Home Page